Saturday, April 4, 2009

Who is flyin' in your neighborhood?

Me! but no longer. I use to take great joy flying my T-Rex 450 in my neighborhood. It started as a place to hover, fly around a bit, work on forward flight. But as my skills and confidence increased figure 8’s got faster and more aggressive, rolls, flips came into play shortly after. Then came inverted flight, then small games of how close can I come to the tree, how long before I pull out of a slide and more.

Flying up and down the street into the cul-de-sac, letting it hang out. Then working on “death spirals” while standing on my porch. Then it happened, I came out of a death spiral inverted and the belt snapped.

Lucky, it was head towards my house and hit my roof. No damage to the home, not too much the heli but I learned a valuable lesson after that crash. I have out grown flying in my hood. Hovering, forward flight but the rest has to wait until I hit the flying field.

Yes, I learned that pushing your luck isn’t something you want to do no matter how good you get.

Give me a couple weeks to forget…..hahaha

Keep them in the air!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment